We independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you click on links we provide, we may receive compensation.
Memorial Day weekend is finally here which unofficially means summer is basically here, and so are the sales. Since sunnier weather means we'll all be spending more time outdoors—whether it's hiking, biking, partaking in some water sports, or hitting the trails (or sidewalks) for some running—it's time to stock up on the gear and accessories we'll need to enjoy some fresh air and move our bodies.
We've rounded up the best deals on outdoor gear including sneakers, hiking boots, outdoor sporting gear, bikes, and more from retailers like REI, Amazon, Zappos, Nordstrom and Backcountry. Scroll down to see our finds.
REI’s Anniversary Sale—their biggest sale of the year—is going on right now with some amazing deals on outdoor gear and clothing. Score big on a new bike for some summer rides along with all the accessories like cycling shoes and gloves, or grab a new set of trekking poles to. make those long hikes even more comfortable.
- Vissla Twisted Long-Sleeve Rashguard for Men $41 (was $55); rei.com
- Nemo Ultralight 2-Person Tent $323 (was $420); rei.com
- Danner Women’s Chukka Hiking Boots $113 (was $150); rei.com
- Shimano RC1 Women’s Road Cycling Shoes $75 (was $100); rei.com
- Pearl iZumi Men’s Cycling Gloves $29 (was $38); rei.com
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles $105 (was $140); rei.com
- Coast Dual Color Headlamp $18 (was $25); rei.com
- Altra Lone Peak 7 Trail-Running Shoes $113 (was $150); rei.com
- Electra Townie 7D Step-Thru Bike $504 (was $630); rei.com
Outdoor adventuring—whether it’s hiking, early morning or evening walks, or just walking miles on end at a theme park or on vacation—requires quality shoes that won’t make your feet a blistered sweaty mess. Luckily, the Zappos Memorial Day sale has tons of deals on name brand varieties like the On Cloudswift Sneakers that nurses and people who love comfy shoes are constantly raving about. There’s also a trove of hiking boots, ergonomic sandals like the Teva Hurricane XLT2 Sandals that a fan raved are “even more comfortable than the originals” and even UPF protective outdoor clothing as part of the sale.
- On Cloudswift Sneakers $135 (was $150); zappos.com
- Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boots $75 (was $100); zappos.com
- Columbia Tidal Tee Hoodie $34 (was $45); zappos.com
- Hoka Anacapa Hiking Boots $148 (Was $185); zappos.com
- Adidas Golf UPF Polo Shirt $37 (was $70); zappos.com
- Teva Hurricane XLT2 Sandals $50 (was $75); zappos.com
- Asics Gel-Contend 7 Sneakers $53 (was $65); zappos.com
- Clarks Breeze Sea Sandals $33 (was $55); zappos.com
Amazon has thousands of things on sale this weekend, but these are the outdoor gear items that really caught our attention. From their best-selling inflatable kayak that’s under $100 right now to their best-selling paddleboard that’s nearly $200 off, the deals this Memorial Day can’t be beat.
- Keen Women’s Voyageur Hiking Boots $69 (was $145); amazon.com
- Intex Challenger Inflatable Kayak $95 (was $170); amazon.com
- Osprey Talon 22 Men’s Hiking Backpack $116 (was $160); amazon.com
- Timberland Men’s Waterproof Boots $90 (was $120); amazon.com
- SereneLife Inflatable Paddleboard $220 (was $400); amazon.com
- Loowoko Hiking Backpack $50 (was $66); amazon.com
- Crocs Women’s Literide 360 Sandals $37 (was $50)
- Niupipo Pickleball Set $48 with onsite coupon (was $77); amazon.com
The popular outdoor gear retailer is having an epic Memorial Day sale that includes a ton of outdoor sporting gear like surfboards, wakeboards, hiking boots, tents, and more. There’s even discounted UPF sun protective clothing to keep your skin safe in the hot summer months.
- Roller Longboard Surfboard $340 (was $400); backcountry.com
- Mountainsmith 6-Person Tent $115 (was $290); backcountry.com
- Slingshot Sports Contrast Wakeboard $288 (was $480); backcountry.com
- Oboz Sapphire Women’s Hiking Boots starts at $88 (was $160); backcountry.com
- Venture UPF Sun Hoodie $30 (was $60); backcountry.com
- Outdoor Research Trail Mix Bucket Hat starts at $19 (was $39); backcountry.com
- Mid Mountain 2L Hip Pack $49 (was $69); backcountry.com
- Stoic 30 Can Heavy-Duty Cooler $36 (was $79); backcountry.com
During Nordstrom's Memorial Day Sale, you can score great deals on a variety of Hydroflask products to help you stay hydrated in the hot sun from bottles to coolers, and more. There's also water-resistant slippers, a variety of running shoes and activewear to keep you cool during the warm summer months ahead.
- Hydroflask 32-Ounce Wide Mouth Water Bottle $34 (was $45); nordstrom.com
- Hydroflask Carry Out Soft Cooler $53 (was $70); nordstrom.com
- Hydroflask 24-Ounce Water Bottle with Straw Lid $34 (was $45); nordstrom.com
- The North Face Water Resistant Slipper starts at $43 (was $55); nordstrom.com
- Nike Free Running Shoes, Lilac $65 (was $100); nordstrom.com
- Sorel Kinetic Breakthrough Tech Sneaker $70 (was $135); nordstrom.com
- Zella Live-In High Waist Leggings starts at $39 (was $59); nordstrom.com
- Nike Crewneck Running Top, Oxen $36 (was $55); nordstrom.com
Shop More Memorial Day Sales
- This Best-Selling Bidet Is the Best Bathroom Upgrade I’ve Ever Made—and It’s on Major Sale for Memorial Day
- The Biggest Memorial Day Sales on Mattresses, Pillows, Toppers, and More Are Here
- This Hands-Free Massager Has Over 37,000 Five-Star Ratings— and Is Under $50 Right Now