The truth is you can't turn one type of tissue into another. But you can burn more fat and build muscle with short, intense bursts of exercise that raise your heart rate and get your body working as efficiently as possible.
This type of high-intensity training over a short period of time can actually burn more fat than moderately-paced, longer cardio sessions. The key to a workout like this is to strap on a heart rate monitor and keep your heart rate at 80% of your target. Try this 15-minute workout every day to start seeing real results.
1. 30 Seconds of Burpees
- Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back to a pushup position.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.
- Begin in a pushup position on the hands and toes
- Bring the right knee in towards the chest, resting the foot on the floor
- Jump up and switch feet in the air, bringing the left foot in and the right foot
- Continue alternating the feet as fast as you can
4. 20 More Split Lunges on Each Side
15 Seconds of Rest
5. 30 Seconds of Tricep Towers
- Start in a plank position on your elbows and toes.
- Keeping your alignment and go onto your hands, one side at a time.
- Go back down to resting on your elbows
tricepttower1-600×400.jpg is a leading fitness authority, TV personality, best-selling author, and entrepreneur. With her signature, straight-talking approach to wellness, Jennifer was the featured trainer on The CW’s Shedding for the Wedding, mentoring the contestants’ to lose hundreds of pounds before their big day, and she appears regularly on NBC’s Today Show, Extra, The Doctors and Good Morning America. Connect with Jennifer on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and on Pinterest.